2.11.2010

Family Hike...

While Carsyn was sick last week we let her sleep with us. I know I know, that is horrible but it is far more important to me to have a happy mom, dad and baby than to pride myself upon having sleep time mastered. She has slept with us a lot since she was little and we actually love it. She doesn't go to bed with us, but if she wakes up in the middle of the night, I sleep walk to her room, pick her up, plop her between us and I never hear from her until the sun peeks in.
Anyways, last night when she came in to sleep with us Drew said... "Shan, she can't sleep with us forever..." I waited a moment and then said, "WELL, in 16 years when she goes off to college in some other town you are going to be missing these nights that she would snuggle up to you!" He was quiet for a while and then I heard him telling her, "No Carsyn, you are going to be daddy's little surfer girl and you will never want to leave us..." I laughed and told him, "I loved my daddy too, more than the whole world, but I left him and moved across the country with some crazy surfer boy to start a new life." Nothing else was said, I could just hear him giving her kisses and he snuggled her in tight.
I woke up this morning to the two of them saying Mommy, wake up!
Something about little girls and their daddy's...

Drew and I ventured out this afternoon for a hike since it was actually nice and rain is in the forecast tomorrow. I grabbed my old camera as we ran out the door because I wanted to document our little trip. I am working on taking photos of our life more since I am always photographing others!













1 comment:

The McCauley's said...

oK... I love this post! She is so precious. I am with you on the sleep thing. We do the same thing. Reid starts in his bed but ends up with us around 4:30 or 5. Wouldn't trade it!